For the wearer and collectors of both vintage Judith Hendler jewelry and her new “Contemporary Classics” line, here are some fun facts about her creations.
FUN HISTORICAL FACTS
• Designing for 39 years (as of 2017)
- • Discovered by Nolan Miller in a fabric store.
- • Judith Hendler’s vintage “Acri-Gems” were made of the finest acrylic.
• Early pieces were made from an acrylic called, ” Acrivue” made by Swedlow Aircraft.
• Black and White
• Black and Pearl
• Black and Topaz
• Navy and White
• Crystal Clear
• Crystal Clear with colored “gems.”
• Crystal Clear and pink
• Hot Pink
• JH in a circle
• Early pieces were unsigned. Some have a metallic trademark sticker applied to a sectional plaque.
JUDITH HENDLER JEWELRY WAS SOLD IN THE FOLLOWING STORES
• Saks Fifth Avenue
JEWELRY APPEARANCES ON FILM
• “Days of Our Lives”
• Knots Landing
• Favorite of Joan Collins
• Designed to open on the left side via hook.